My baby is turning two tomorrow. I am having a hard time with it, to say the least.
The past few weeks I have been tearing up at all the new words and new discoveries. You are becoming more boy and less baby with every passing moment. How on earth did you grow up so much in such a short time? I must have dozed off somewhere along the way because I missed it. Everyone told me how fast time would fly and I kept telling them I understood -- I didn't. Now I do.
I keep pleading with time, begging time just to slow down, to keep you at this age forever. I love that you can't say bunny so you scrunch up your face whenever you see one. I love the way your little front teeth poke out just a little bit. I love the way you talk to Daddy and me while we lay in bed and you are in your crib down the hall. I love how you laugh and laugh at Tyson and Odie wrestling in the yard. I love how every child under the age of 6 is a "baby" to you. I love how you count all wrong. I love all your animal noises and impressions. I love that you call Uncle Tim and Uncle Brian "tool" all the time (thank you Daddy).
Right now, you want to be a doctor when you grow up (I taught you that!) but I think you would be a better vet. Or a dancer. Or a chef.
I loved the baby that you were, so sweet, so alert and so pleasant. You were a breeze of a baby. I miss rocking you to sleep, but you allow it every now and then and I thank you for that. It makes this whole growing up thing a bit easier on me.
I am so proud of the boy you are becoming. You make me laugh and smile everyday. I can't wait to see what the next year brings: new words, new skills, new friends and a new sibling. I love you with all my heart Matty. You are my world.
Love,
Mama
3.27.2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Jen! How sweet! I could cry just reading this. Enjoy your day tomorrow! Can't wait to see pics :)
Post a Comment