So, here it is. Ten months later and I am finally starting a blog about my daily life with Matty. At least I have been writing down milestones in the baby book. And, the hard drive on my computer was saved, so I have the 2900+ photos of Matthew and the video from the first two months of his life that I never backed up on disk.
Right now, I am running back and forth between this computer and the foyer trying to keep Matty off the stairs. I feel I am losing this battle. He looks at me and crawls to the step. Catches my eye and places one hand on the bottom step. I say, "No steps" and he smiles at me and quickly slides on his knees to the middle of the stairs. He stands and laughs like a crazy man. He is now on the bottom step. I run over and pick him up before he has a chance to climb another. He whines and opens and closes his hands over an over. I have learned that this sign means he wants what I have taken from him.
It's amazing how well I can understand someone who cannot speak. He has no trouble expressing himself without words. When he is happy, he kicks his feet and flaps his arms. When he is frustrated, he throws himself back and yells. When he is tired, he rubs his eyes and looks for a warm lap to curl up and nap on. When he hears a song he loves, he dances. It doesnt matter is he is sitting, standing or being held. Nothing can stop him from dancing.
1.31.2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment